Thursday, September 2, 2010

Visa Seeker Pakistani Journalists

I want to draw the attention of patriot Pakistanis about a menace and need attention of senior journalists about the misuse of media profession by some individuals. We have no concern if Pakistani journalists join media organizations in Europe and United States but after getting visa on journalist’s grounds they work on gas station and dish washers. I want to know from our Pakistani journalist’s opinion on the issue of professionalism, ethics and code of conduct.
I know from Peshawar to many journalists who after getting visa as journalists or accompanying any US delegation slipped in to United States leaving a bunch of embarrassment for our Pakistani brothers and I am announcing the launch of blog on these rotten eggs who are earning bad name for Pakistan. I know Jahangir Khattak Senior Journalist and leader of Khyber Union of Journalists, Syed Haider Shah photographer of Daily News International and also worked as photographer with top international media Syed Fakhr e Alam Staff reporter of Daily The Muslim, Faisal Qazi owner and Chief Editor of Daily Khyber Mail, Babar Majeed photographer, Asif dar brother of senior Editor Ashraf Dar, Bureau Chief of ANN Saeed iqbal Hashmi and too many others slipped in US and Europe. Pakistani journalists are still using their profession as a stepping stone and slipping in US. I don’t know weather it is professional and ethical or not but I am collecting data of such journalists at my blog http://pressreviewofpakistan.blogspot.com/ if you have any details of such people who are earning bad name for Pakistan pl do post your information

1 comment:

  1. My name is Jehangir Khattak. I am a New York-based professional journalist. I view this shocking distortion with disdain and pain. I cannot and will not speak for any one else but certainly for myself. Just to make the record straight let me say that I lawfully immigrated to the US and never slipped as is being wrongly suggested. I first came to US in 1995 as a guest of State Department under its IV (International Visitors) program which is conducted by the USIA. I stayed here for almost 6 weeks and returned. I got my US immigration under US Diversity Visa Lottery Program in 1999. I am a lawful US citizen who has paid taxes from the day I entered this country along with my family in 1999. Currently I head the Communications Section of a New York-based American media organization. I am proud of my journalistic credentials and unblemished record which I will continue to maintain and fiercely safeguard. This is a smear campaign of character assassination by an uninformed individual. I reserve the right to take legal action against proponent(s) of this campaign.
    Jehangir Khattak
    New York
    mjehangir@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete